We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“the GDPR”). We have published this guide to help you understand how and why we collect information from you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are.
This policy, together with our T&Cs, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the site, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy notice
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Who are we
- Information we may collect from you and why
- Our legal basis for collecting data
- IP addresses
- Where we store your personal data
- Keeping your personal information secure
- Uses made of the information
- Disclosure of your information
- Transfer of your information out of the EEA
- Your rights
- Access to information
- How long your personal information will be kept
- Changes to our privacy notice
- How to complain
- How to contact us
WHO ARE WE
We are Tata Consumer Products GB Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Tata Consumer Products”), registered in England & Wales with company registration number 3019950. Our registered office is located at 325 Oldfield Lane North, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 0AZ. Tata Consumer Products (based in the UK), collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU AND WHY
The information we collect is to help us provide you with a quality consumer service and experience.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in our shop page www.goodearth.co.uk/shop. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Good Earth, and when you report a problem with our site and online shop.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR COLLECTING DATA
If you are a consumer, the lawful basis for which we rely on to collect and process your data is typically consent and performance of our obligations to you as a seller of products. If you are not consumer, we rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data in relation to enhancing your user experience of our website. Our legitimate interests are usually to provide you with details of our business and products. If you have any questions about the lawful basis on which we are collecting and/or processing your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way please don’t tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (registration form on the online shop page).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tata Consumer Products or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our T&Cs and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tata Consumer Products, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.]
TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION OUT OF THE EEA
Your personal information may be transferred to, processed and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Please note that all group entities of Tata Consumer Products and third party data storage providers operate under applicable measures of the GDPR providing protections and safeguards for cross-border transfers. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this privacy notice is already designed to address
- require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individuals rights under the General Data Protection Regulation at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email us at email@example.com.
- let us have enough information to identify you,
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates, including any account or reference numbers, if you have them
If you would like to unsubscribe from any email newsletter you can also click on the 'unsubscribe' button at the bottom of the email. It may take up to 24 hours for this to take place.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
In providing services to you, we will hold personal information for as long as are providing you the services for. Otherwise, we only hold personal information for as long as is necessary.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published in May 2018. Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone at 0303 123 1113 or other channels as updated at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Tata Consumer Products GB Ltd, Greenford UB6 0AZ or Freepost Dept HA4175 (for UK) and Freepost Dept AA49 (for Ireland), or just contact us.